Dresses from the Primetime Emmy Awards I Can't Make Up My Mind About

I'm completely on the fence with these six dresses! Part of me thinks they're gorgeous and fabulous, yet part of me wont fall completely in love with these looks. It seems like some of these looks were on their way to gold when they took a wrong turn.
Jane Krakowski arrives at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 29, 2010.  UPI/Lori Shepler Photo via Newscom<font class=

Jane Krakowski in Escada 
PROS: The fabric's pattern and color are gorgeous. It hits the waist at the right place, and the the draping and shape of the shoulder is that perfect extra touch. CONS: I'm not too sure about the large drapery on the  hip. It makes the dress look really heavy, I can't help but be reminded of curtains. It's like something is just hanging from the hips.
Aug. 29, 2010 - Los Angeles, California, USA - Aug 29, 2010 - Los Angeles, California, USA - Actress OLIVIA MUNN at the The 62nd Prime Time Emmy Awards held at the Nokia Theater, Los Angeles. © Red Carpet Pictures 44166, WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - Sunday August 29 2010. Olivia Munn joins a host of celebrities attending Jimmy Fallon's post_Emmy's bash at the trendy Trousdale lounge. Photograph:  Josephine Santos, PacificCoastNews.com
Olivia Munn in Zac Posen
PROS: The structured bodice is very well made and the detail is beyond cute. I like the color on her, too. CONS: The bottom half of the dress has awkward seams (is that one below her hips exposed?). It seems a bit unflattering and can't compare to the bodice.
Photo by: RE/Westcom/Starmaxinc.com 2010  8/29/10 Kelly Osbourne, The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards held at the Nokia Theatre in (Los Angeles, CA.) Photo via Newscom

Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward Couture
PROS: The draping is phenomenal and frames her beautifully. The whole dress fits her so well. CONS: The diamond pattern is intriguing, but I can't say if I fully like it on this dress.
Primetime Emmy Awards Arrivals held at The Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on August 29th, 2010. Dianna Agron                                            Fame Pictures, Inc

Glee star, Dianna Agron in Carolina Herrera
PROS: The lace is gorgeous and the way the bust flows into the skirt is flawless. CONS: I think this dress would be better without the layers, if the gown was one sheath. The layers and the mass amount of lace date this dress. Because of the rusted lace, I agree with some reviews saying this dress lacks youthfulness.
29 August 2010 - Los Angeles, California - Christina Hendricks. 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE. Photo Credit: Byron Purvis/AdMedia

Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano
PROS: The detail at the waist is gorgeous and it is so well made. Christina Hendricks and her figure are fabulous, and this dress highlights her curves perfectly. I'm seriously in love with the bodice to waist detail! Furthermore, the ruffles peeping out from the bottom of the dress are such a cute accent. CONS: The feathers. They are that big of an eye catcher, and I can't tell if I love them or hate them. 
Primetime Emmy Awards Arrivals held at The Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on August 29th, 2010. Anna Paquin                                            Fame Pictures, Inc

Anna Paquin in Alexander McQueen
PROS: The beading and top detail is beautiful (have I used that word too much?) I always love McQeen; he is a visionary. The avant garde shoulder to chest piece, while heavy looking, is great. CONS: I don't like it against the black. It loses everything when just plain black is on the bottom half of the dress (more warm colors, beading, or detail would have been nice). The seam across the hips is not doing anything for me, as well.
Primetime Emmy Awards Arrivals held at The Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on August 29th, 2010. January Jones                                            Fame Pictures, Inc

January Jones in Versace Atelier 
PROS: I love Versace. The train of this dress falls so nicely and gives the dress a great shape. I love the color, and the idea of partial circles creating this pattern, following the way the dress falls. The avant garde look is headed in the right direction. From her hips to her toes I am really liking the shape and detail.
CONS: I just wish it didn't look like a million little pieces on the dress. It's a cool idea, but because of the choice of blue, I have this image of cut up plastic party cups on a dress designed by a Project Runway competitor during its no fabric challenges. The circles on her chest are really awkward, too. If the same semi-circular shape continued to the bust area, this dress might sit a little better with me. I wonder how much this dress weighs...

No comments:

Post a Comment